Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Nigeria are finally out - so what next?

Okay, I won't say I "told ya", but something has to be done to rectify our problematic positions and pretty fast too.

I promise not to bore you with the details of the match. It's common knowlege that we had the opportunity to outscore our opponents, but all the same we decided to share the spoils, no thanks to our inept attackers.
I don't know about you, but honestly I'm not dissapointed with what I saw! After all, I never believed in the capability of our National team.

As far as, I'm concerned Everton's Yakubu Aiyegbeni, and Wolfsburg's Obafemi Martins have already reached the peak of their somewhat turbulent careers.

I can't believe an indigenous pundit actually thinks the Super Eagles' attack, made up of the above idiots was clinical against a retreating Asian side, who defended doggedly to achieve their sole aim of qualification.

I left the comfy confines of my home, an hour earlier than usual, to watch the Super Eagles duel with South Korea (I love to hang out with friends and fellow mates at pubs during matches), but the forlorn look on the bartender's face and countless supporters said it all, after the thrilling 2-2 draw with South Korea. Nigerians are dissapointed with the NFF and their false promises period!.

I think we must retain the services of Lars Lagerback as coach when his present contract expires. Martins and Aiyegbeni have had their best years in the colours of Nigeria's jersey. Forget Kenya! I really can't remember the last time the duo dazzled in a match for the Super Eagles. I think it's time we bid them farewell for good.
I can't really say much about the players performance today (I know they were lazy), you can't take that away from them! It's in their character to underperform.

I'm on transit now, expect an analytical and chronological post about the Super Eagles' exploits at the 2010 World Cup next week.