Monday, June 28, 2010

Manuel Neuer says Lampard's goal was valid

Germany' shot-stopper Manuel Neuer believes his somewhat smart attitude influenced the referee' corresponding decision to deny Frank Lampard, an invaluable World Cup goal.

The goalkeeper has refused to deny the authenticity of the strike, which would have afforded England a rare opportunity to stage a magnificient comeback.

Neuer said: "I saw the ball, I quickly picked it up and I quickly restarted.

"If I had looked right or left, perhaps it would have struck the referee's attention. Maybe, he might have considered awarding the goal.

"Clearly it was valid, I don't have any doubt about it, I've seen the replays also."

The Germans beat their English counterparts (4-1), to aid their onward progress into the quarter-finals of the ongoing Fifa 2010 World Cup tournament in South Africa.