Sunday, May 16, 2010

Nasri - Domenech must explain

Arsenal's midfielder Samir Nasri, who can't believe he won't partake in the World Cup has demanded an explanation from his national team coach Raymond Domenech.

The French gaffer, is expected to trim his 30-man provisional list down to 23-players tomorrow ahead of next month' World Cup to be staged in South Africa. Unfortunately Samir Nasri, Patrick Vieira and Karim Benzema won't be given the benefit of being dropped on Monday.

The 22-year-old said he was dissapointed with the decision because he thought he had done enough to earn a call up. However, Nasri maintained that he hasn't done anything wrong to warrant a punishment of that nature, and as such, he wants to be told his shortcomings.

Nasri said:

It's difficult but these are the choices of the coach. I respect them, but I do not understand him. I also want to know why, because I hear of reproach for my behaviour when I have not made any criticism.
I respect the decision of the coach but I am dissapointed. Arsene Wenger called me and told me that things will remain the same between us. He advised me to take a good holiday and not doubt myself.