Saturday, June 19, 2010

Oh! Vincent Enyeama spills it and Tosoridis scores + Video highlights

You don't see fundamental errors been commited often in a World Cup tournament, but the ongoing Fifa 2010 World Cup in South Africa is an exception.

I think it's pertinent we judge for ourselves whether Hapoel Tel Aviv's goal keeper Vincent Enyeama, is good enough to play for the Arsenal?

We've seen M. Almunia, L. Fabianski, M. Schwarzer, R. Green and recently L. Kingston of Ghana commit slightly different howlers. However, they all have one aspect in common - the cost of their expensive blunders were a bit too harsh to pay for, as their respective teams failed to achieve their spelt-out objectives in the end.

I believe Enyeama's mistake arguably falls under the above mentioned category. If you are so desperate to forgive him, no problem. Just bear in mind, that there is a little condition attached to his being granted bail.

Blame it on the Jabulani.

*I appreciate your countless e-mails and expression of solidarity. But I honestly think the Nigerian goal keeper isn't the solution to our problems. I hate to say this! but I'd like to see the 27-year old don the colours of the Arsenal in two years time. For now, I can bet he'll benefit immensely if he joins another Epl side on loan from his parent club, preferably to any of our London neighbours or another top flight English side, then we can easily tempt him with a mouth-watering offer next summer.

I know some of you think I've lost my mind, but I sincerely don't mind being insulted by any person, who feels I've veered off course. It's nothing new!.

Enyeama by public opinion is the best goal keeper in Africa and also the most consistent, but he plays in Israel's top division which if I'm not mistaken is the equivalent of the Coca-Cola Championship (League Two) here in England, so it definitely won't be easy adapting to the fluency of the Premiership in such a short time.

Inasmuch as, I'd love to see our very own star attempt to achieve what his senior colleague and compatriot (Kanu Nwankwo) has attained as an Arsenal player. I won't want it to be at the detriment of our beloved club.

Arsene Wenger is expected to flex his financial muscle in the transfer market before the World Cup draws to an unentertaining close. So far so good, Marouane Chamakh is the Gunners' only signed, sealed and delivered package. With Wenger still bent on consolidating his defensive options, he might as well, consider the Nigerian shot stopper who just can't stop frustrating his opponents.

Three days ago Vincent showed why he's the undisputed #1 goalie in Nigeria, although he spilled Karagounis' shot, in the process affording Tosoridis, the comfort of tapping-in from close range. I still believe in his ability to rise to the occasion against South Korea next week.

The goalie who retained his Man of the Match award against Argentina, courtesy of another brilliant performance against Greece said: "What do I gain from winning the Man of the Match award when my team loses? Nothing. So I feel dissapointed.

"It was the ball, not me. It moved at the last minute, but it is the ball we have been given and we have to play with it."

If you've decided to tamper justice with mercy, remember you must also extend the olive branch to Manuel Almunia and his partner-in-error Lucazs Fabianski. Doesn't seem much of a bargain to me or does it?.