Saturday, May 22, 2010

Igor Akinfeev says to Arsenal and Juventus: "if you want me, contact the club"

CSKA Moscow goalkeeper Igor Akinfeev has denied reports suggesting he's about to dump the Russian outfit for a move abroad - preferably to Juventus or Arsenal.

The 24-year-old shot-stopper maintained in an interview with Bobsoccer.ru that the rumors are not only false but also ridiculous. He advised CSKA's fans and his well-wishers to forget about the baseless reports.

The £10m rated goalie said:

On this point I can only say one thing - never attach any importance to the rumors. I play for CSKA and the team has being there for me.
If someone intends to buy me he must appeal to the president of the club. That is the order. And the rumors, i repeat, they are not worth trusting. That is why I almost do not give interviews.