Friday, April 30, 2010

Transfer tidbits [Muslera, Gallas, Arshavin, Subotic]

Good morning mates!

Arsene Wenger is tired of Gallas' indicepherable attitude towards his contract extension, and has made it clear - he won't hesitate to buy (a new centre back) if the veteran French defender doesn't comply with terms at the club.

Wenger told the club's official website: "What is for sure if Gallas doesn't extend his contract we have to go out and strengthen this position," the manager said.
"For the rest we will see.

"There is a cut off point for Gallas. It doesn't depend only on me. Gallas can come and say "Boss we will stop the talks because I signed somewhere and that's it."

Wenger said he will give the player an ultimatum to decide his future: "I will set a deadline for us and that will certainly be before the end of May because we then have to look for someone else. We have more talks planned.
"I still have to access the Gallas and Campbell situation. Silvestre is still out of contract and the whole package has to be right - one goes, one stays. We have to get the number right.

"If Gallas and Campbell stay it will depend slightly on how well Djourou comes back about what we will do.
He looks good in training, quite positive," the 60-year-old maintained.

¤Fernando Muslera: The Uruguayan goal keeper has issued a statement denying contact with Arsenal, and other clubs who are interested in his services.

Muslera, is undoubtedly the holder of Lazio's team, the fans will indeed be pleased to hear their favourite won't be considering offers from Arsenal: "After three seasons I feel I'm here in Rome," he enthused.
"At first it was a difficult environment, but with the passage of time, and with the help of friends, things went well.

"My future? I want to stay at Lazio. I read interest of other teams, but my agent has not told me anything. Here in Rome, I am well, I want to stay here and achieve important goals with Lazio," Muslera declared.

¤Andrey Arshavin: Wenger admits he is pissed off concerning Arshavin's Barcelona rumours.
The Russian striker's words (if they have an iota of truth in them) didn't go down well with the fans.
But in typical Wenger fashion, the manager vented his anger on the translators of the speech: "I am very dissapointed because these statements contradict his behaviour here," Wenger said.

"He wants to renew his contract with us, it's very difficult to explain the noises coming from Russia. He looks to be very happy here.
"I think everybody has the freedom to speak but you want to make sure first of all that you respect your club. I just put a question mark on the things that come back translated."

Wenger warned the 29-year-old forward not to push his luck farther than he has already: "We do not of course accept that," he said.
"When you are at Arsenal you are at Arsenal. When you are somewhere else you are somewhere else.
I beleive that your pride means that first you defend your club," Wenger reiterated.

¤Neven Subotic: The 21-year-old's excellent performance for Borussia Dortmund this season has won him many admirers from Europe's elite clubs.

According to German newspaper Bild, the energetic centre back is sure to trigger a real auction in the coming months between Arsenal, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus.