Friday, April 30, 2010

Edin Dzeko wants to leave Wolfsburg [the €45m rated striker wants to join a big club]

I know Arsene Wenger was put off by the striker's astronomical price, but for crying out loud he's one of the Bundesliga's top scorers over the past two years and for the first time in his career he has literally put in a transfer request.

The Bosnian international who is admired by a majority of Europe's elite clubs, told Wolfsburger Allgemeine newspaper he is ready for the big stage.
Wolfsburg won't be playing in Europe this season, despite winning the Bundesliga last season.

Dzeko said: "That's very dissapointing we were champions, Champions League, Europa League and now nothing this season," He explained to the Daily.

Dzeko has scored a total of 46 goals in two seasons for the German outfit (26 last season and 20 this term with two games to go).

The forward begged the Wolfsburg hierarchy to grant his request: "I didn't want to think about a transfer in the past few months because that would have been unprofessional," he added.
"My goal was always to play in a big club. I hope no one will be angry with me because of that in Wolfsburg," he continued.

"If I go, I will miss a lot of things. It wouldn't be easy. And if it happens, it will be only because it's better for my football future," Dzeko told the paper.