Friday, April 30, 2010

Arshavin blames injury woe on Arsenal's medical staff

The 28-year-old Russian midfielder is no stranger to controversy, Wenger recently complained of his behaviour, although the player claimed he was being misinterpreted by the media.

Andrey might not travel with the team to Ewood Park on Monday, and he is unhappy concerning the prospect of being omitted by Arsene Wenger due to his nagging calf injury.

"This is a painful issue both for me and the team I play for now," he said.
"We need to do something to avoid it in the future," he added.

"If it was only my problem I would agree that it is my fault. That the Premier League is too hard for me with too many games etc. But when this happens almost to everyone for the last two or three years... I beleive they should be some more global reason which we need to deal with," he continued.

"Something needs to be done about it in general and I talked to all Arsenal people who are responsible for medical care," Arshavin concluded.