Thursday, September 15, 2011

Benayoun Happy With Arsenal Switch

Arsenal's new signing Yossi Benayoun, who joined the Gunners from Chelsea on loan during the well publicised transfer deadline day told the club's official website that he has nothing to prove to his former employees, who limited his playing time greatly due in part to his injuries.

Despite the setback the 31-year-old team captain of Israel maintained that he “was very calm,” during the transfer entire process, and he admitted that he was aware of Arsenal's interest in his services but a mutual agreement at Stamford Bridge prevented him from jumping ship earlier as the move was subject to the arrival of his replacement, who in this case was former Liverpool player Raul Meireles: “It was dramatic in the media but I knew I had a few options in England on the final day.

“It was agreed between me and Chelsea to wait until the last day to see if they bring in another player. I knew I had a few offers and when Arsenal came it was an easy choice.”

“I didn’t get a chance at Chelsea because I was injured,” he said. “I was unlucky. I felt I would not get many chances so I wanted to leave first. For me, it was great opportunity for me to play in a great club and in the Champions League.

“I don’t want to show anything to
Chelsea. I want to show Arsenal that I deserve to be here and I will prove it. I know they were unlucky in the last few years.

“They were always close and I believe that we can win something. There is a long way to go and we have to improve but we have a lot of quality and will do everything to win a trophy.”