Thursday, September 15, 2011

Arteta: 'Cesc Helped Me Settle Quickly At Arsenal'

Arsenal's new boy Mikel Arteta has spoken of his delight in joining the North London outfit on transfer deadline day, the versatile midfield orchestrator earlier hinged his decision to leave Everton on the promise of Champions League football. However, he believes that Arsenal's former captain and Fc Barcelona player Cesc Fabregas was instrumental to his fast adaptation.

According to Arteta: “I talked to him the day after I signed the contract and he advised me on two or three things.

“To be honest he was really nice to me. “He advised me on the areas to live, about the team-mates, about the Club and how good it is and the people here. It was very good.

“We are not friends because we have never played together, but we know each other because we have some friends in common." The 29-year-old midfielder enthused.