Sunday, August 8, 2010

Arsene Wenger comments on Legia Warsaw and his goalKeepers

Arsenal endured a poor first-half in Poland to stage an impressive (accompanied with some defects) comeback at Legia yesterday. The friendly encounter was a replica of the past season, and defensive errors were the centre of attraction.

Arséne Wenger was quoted by Poland's #1 football outlet Sport.wp.pl as saying: "Legia played very well and I must congratulate them on a good performance. It was a valuable match, because our rivals played with great dedication and commitment. "Legia gave 120 percent and I'm impressed with what they showed. I liked two or three young players in their team, but not everyone I like will play at Arsenal. "I will not say much about my keepers. they played well, but I can not confirm yet who will play here in the new season. Fabianski conceded three goals, each had an opportunity to prove himself (comparing him to wojciech). "The atmosphere in the stadium was fantastic. During the match I said to my assistant that the atmosphere was better than the vuvuzela."

As usual The Gunnerblog didn't mince words after witnessing an 11-goal thriller that will be detrimental to our campaign objectives in the upcoming Premier League season. Check it out to find out more. Desi Gunner told his mind on the appaling goalie situation at the club, it's an interesting read.