Saturday, July 24, 2010

Jack Wilshere wants to stay, but it depends on Arsene Wenger

Arsenal's 18-year-old midfielder Jack Wilshere, who is currently being proffered as the probable solution to our future midfield problems has reiterated his desire to stay at the Emirates.

Earlier on the manager conceded to the fact that a decision concerning the lad's future in respect to where he might play next season has to be made: "But of course we will make that decision later. Ideally it is better that he gains experience with us.

"I am a bit keen not to create too much hype around the young English players. They need to work hard and we have outstanding English talent."

However, the youngster whom Arséne sent on loan to Bolton for the remainder of last season in order to gain the much needed experience required to stake a claim in his starting line-up, has returned since, and from the look of things wants his fair share of the Arsenal cake.

The player is relishing the prospect of playing first team football, but this time he'd love to play for his parent club. Wilshere revealed his intent to Arse.com yesterday: "I just want to play," he said. I haven't spoken to the boss yet, so I'll speak to him and see what happens.

"My loan spell was good overall. I got some games under my belt and that was the main objective of it, to come back with some more experience.

"I think when you play you are used to it and it makes you want more, so you come back even more hungry."