Saturday, May 8, 2010

Chamakh: "a lot of Emotion" but I'll "try to win" my last home game

Chamakh it will be emotional, I hope the fans understand.

Marouane Chamakh still has some unfinished business to attend to in Ligue1, before he says I DO to the Arsenal.

Since joining the Ligue1 outfit the Morocco international has "given everything" in his capacity to aid the growth of the club. No wonder, the fans can't stomach the idea of watching their playmaker leave for the Barclays Premier League in search of greener pastures (Arsenal is by far the bigger club).

He told reporters at his last Press Conference that today's match against Sochaux will be his last at the Stade Jacques Chaban-Delmas for Girondins.

"This is a special match for me, because it is my last home game for Girondins. I look forward to it, because it will be very emotional," he said.

"I'll make it a big game, and try to win, I don't want to leave with a bad result, but a good memory. I want it to end on a good note. My only desire is to please the public with whom I lived through extraordinary times and they always supported me.

"For me everything had gone well, so it will be nice on Saturday (today).
It has to be natural but I know it will make me weird. What is certain is that it could touch me.

"I think a bit and fear that this will be my last home game... It's hard to accept, but it's a blessing in disguise, and I'm tough!."

The player regrets his inability to help Bordeaux in their bid to retain the Ligue1 title they won last year. He maintained that he is leaving for Arsenal because he dreamt of playing in the Premier League one day.

"Here I was good, but I'm 26, but after eight seasons as a pro, I feel I have done my best and I'm happy I never cheated to win.
I want to find the League that made me dream, which is why I'm taking this step."