Thursday, July 22, 2010

Shakhtar announce Eduardo da silva's unveiling date

Former Arsenal striker Eduardo da Silva is set to be unveiled as
Shakhtar Donetsk's latest signing this summer. An official statement on Shakhtar's official website read:
The newly signed Eduardo da Silva will be unveiled by the
club management on 23rd July, Friday (tomorrow) in the Donbas Arena media conference room. The kick-off is at 13:00. After the press conference the new forward will appear on the pitch before fans and media for the first time.

Meanwhile, the player has revealed his sadness at leaving Arsenal and expressed his heart felt gratitude to the club for their help and encouragement during what can
be described as the most difficult part of his career.

A horrendous
tackle from Birmingham's Martin Taylor ensured the 27-year-old Croatia
international spent an involuntary annual leave on the sidelines. Some Analysts believe Eduardo is yet to recover fully from the resultant
injury, in the light of this fact one aspect is certain Dudu has made the right decision, and the entire goon blogosphere will always be
indebted to him.

He told Arse.com:

The past few days have been very emotional for me. Although I am excited about the
challenge ahead with my new club Shakhtar Donetsk, I am so sad to be
leaving my home for the past three years - Arsenal football club. Arsenal is a very special club and I will miss so many people - my team-mates, all the staff and, of course, the wonderful Arsenal
supporters.

When I first came to England, I could not speak the language and knew nobody, but as soon as I arrived I was made to feel
at home and part of this big family.

I had some very difficult times with my injury, but Arsenal was always there for me - the medical staff, the management, the players and the
supporters. Thank you everybody.

Although I have now left the club, Arsenal will always be in my heart. I will always look for the Arsenal
results and of course, I wish Arsene Wenger and the great players at
the club well for next season and the future.