Friday, May 14, 2010

Robert Green: I'll join Arsenal if West Ham are ready

Robert Green is in no hurry to join Arsenal, but the good news is; West Ham are prepared to sell their top earners and Green is one of them.

Arsenal's error-strewn campaign came to an end last week. A number of high-profile blunders from Arsenal's #1 Manuel Almunia, and his fumbling deputy Lucasz Fabianski undoubtedly cost us (apart from injuries) the trophy.

As a matter-of-fact the gaffer knows he can't afford to put up with the big jokes next season. As part of his ingenious plan, Wenger has revealed that he's ready to purchase at least one defender (a centre-back), he coyly refused to acknowledge the home truth that Almunia's best isn't good enough for a title-chasing top flight club like Arsenal, but we know Wenger too well to be fooled - I sense competition next season.

Meanwhile, Arsenal transfer target Robert Green is ready to join Arsenal on one condition, the move must be initiated and sanctioned by the owners of West Ham.

New owners David Sullivan and David Gill are keen to reduce the club's expenditure by a sizeable amount, and Green who is one of the hammers top earners might be allowed to leave the London outfit this summer.
The 30-year-old goalkeeper's consistency caught the attention of England boss Fabio Capello, who added the goalie to his provisional World Cup list.

Rob said:

I have always stated that I am a happy hammer, I want to be here and not fighting relegation. I want to come forward with the club.
Realistically that's something that's out of my hands and they (the owners) can say as much as they want to say about it.
I am sure the two chairmen will take their chance now to decide where they want to take the club and who that might involve.

There has been a lot of speculation and I am sure come the start of Pre-season, things will be a lot clearer, but that is down to them.
For me, my job is playing in goal and that is what I focus on.
I am a bit too old and long in the tooth to get two focused on things that are out of my control. I just sit there and accept what comes along. Focus on the 90 minutes every week when it comes along.
That is my job and that is what I'll carry on doing.