Thursday, May 13, 2010

Melo "without me Juve lost 5 out of 6 games"

Arsenal target Felipe Melo says without him Juventus lost five of the six games they played.

The 26-year-old defensive midfielder came under fire recently, no thanks to a large section of his home media, who felt his inclusion into Dunga's World Cup plan was uncalled for.
However, the coveted player stressed his importance to the Old Lady and asserted that she can't cope without him and his critics must awake from their slumber to see him for who he really is.

Carlos Dunga's decision to exclude AC Milan's star Ronaldinho, was greeted with dissaproval by the media who considered the magician's blistering form for Milan as a basis for an automatic call up.

Reacting angrily to the suggestions made by the media Felipe said: "I do not agree with those who say that I was wrongly called for the national team of Brazil.

"Without me Juventus lost in five matches out of six.
I know Juve paid €25m for me and for that reason, people expect a lot from me, my season has not gone as I expected, but it is so for every Juve player."

Defending his decision to take Felipe to the World Cup Dunga, maintained that his selection policy for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa wasn't based on sentiments, rather it was borne out of merit: "I saw the lists you journalists have done and it changed from month to month.

"I look at what happens on the pitch, the players, what they do in their clubs, but I focus on what they can do for their national team and I rely on their performance over a limited period."