Sunday, May 30, 2010

Inter consider Sagna a viable option for Maicon

Arsenal's versatile right-back Bacary Sagna is been touted in the Italian Media as the possible replacement for Madrid bound Inter defender Douglas Maicon.

The much sought after Inter Milan defender has declared that he will consider offers from Real Madrid and other prospective clubs after the World Cup: "After the scudetto, Coppa Italia and the Champions League I want to win a fourth title - the World Cup with Brazil," Maicon enthused. "I will think about my future after that."

However, the controversial one has expressed interest in the Brazilian and has successfully fuelled speculation about the player's future. Jose hopes to team up with the brilliant right-back in the Spanish capital next season: "I cannot deny it and say that I wouldn't want him," Mourinho told AS.

"I also feel Sergio Ramos can become one of the best central defenders in the World.

"I think that maybe it's time for him (Maicon) to try a new experience."

In an earlier exclusive interview with TMW Sagna's agent Christophe Mongai stated
in unequivocal terms that his client was happy at Arsenal. However, he maintained that just like every footballer the 27-year-old full-back is open to new opportunities and challenges: "Inter officials have not made any official offer for Sagna, but we spoke," the agent said.

"It was an informal meeting... I personally think that Sagna could
be a realistic option for Inter if Maicon leaves at the end of the season. I could speak with Inter again then, who knows. Anyway, I
would like to stress on the fact that Sagna is happy in London and enjoys playing for Arsenal.

"Obviously that does not mean he is staying for sure because football
is business in the end," he concluded.