Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Gallas set to sign for PSG while Campbell renews

Wenger I'll buy even if Gallas stays.

Arsenal, who are scouting several defenders are set to release Mikael Sylvestre and Philippe Senderos when their contracts expire at the start of June.

Wenger remains hopeful that William Gallas will stay, but even if he does the boss intends to bring in defensive reinforcements, with Neven Subotic, Brede Hangeland, Gary Cahill, Jack Rodwell constantly linked with us, anything can happen.

Arsenal's veteran defender William Gallas has refused to commit himself to the club. The former Gunners captain is blessed with many suitors, but he's believed to be interested in a move to Paris Saint Germain the club has offered the Frenchman a tempting two-year-deal.
Gallas, who has until May 30 to reach an agreement with the club said: "I have no comment to make. My goal is to participate in the World Cup."

The former Chelsea player is infuriated with the club's decision not to break their infamous over-30 rule (no player above 30 will be given more than a one-year-deal).
Although, the Gunners have tweaked the system a bit in order to accomodate the player's demand - he will be offered a one year extension on his current £80,000-a-week deal with an option of another 12 months if he stays injury-free and plays a sizeable number of games for the Gunners, he's yet to say something positive.

The defender is confident that he will be fit in time for the World Cup in South Africa: "If it had not been possible, I would have given up," he said.
"Right now, I feel good and I'm ready for the France team. I think that Raymond Domenech should stay informed of my situation."

Meanwhile, Sol Campbell is set to renew his contract with the club.
The prodigal son, who was picked in the midst of criticism by Arsene Wenger immediately he got wind of his status (free), has surpassed our expectations and he's now in a favourable position to request for a pay rise.

We all thought the 35-year-old's career couldn't be salvaged after he signed for Notts County last summer.
Well, if you're an ardent football follower then you must have learnt a thing or two from his renaissance.

Sol was initially brought to provide effective cover for the likes of Vermaelen and Gallas, he has graduated into a regular first team player. He played just one game for the Coca-Cola League two side, at Morecambe before abandoning his contract at the club due to some problems.

Campbell, who hasn't played for England since they were beaten 3-2 by Croatia at Wembley almost three years ago spoke of his desire to play for his country: "My name has definitely moved up the list for sure," he enthused.
"If I get a chance and he gives me the nod, then I'll definitely take it and give it my all.

"I have always done that for my country. I'm experienced, I'm playing well, and I'm focused and ready. But if it doesn't happen, then I'll accept it and go on playing domestic football."