Friday, June 4, 2010

"I want to stay here" - says Arsenal target Felipe Melo

Felipe Melo won't join Arsenal this season, the defensive midfielder plans to 'stay and fight' at his current club

Some weeks ago, the media successfully inundated the goon blogosphere with "come and get me" pleas alledgedly issued by the want-away Brazilian hardman, who as it is, has had a hard rethink.

The coveted midfielder stated categorically that he has no plans, whatsoever to quit the Turin outfit despite growing discontentment amongst the fans.

The 26-year-old told Football Italia, that he'll stay and fight for his rightful place at Juventus, hopefully the fans will appreciate his contribution next season: "I want to defend the colours of Juventus," Felipe Melo said.

"I have a valid contract with the club, and I won't walk out of it. I'll stay here. I'm not a man who is afraid of difficulties.

"Also, I do not think I had a terrible season in Italy. In the future, I'd like to pursue a career in Brazil. But for now all my thoughts rest with Juve."