Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cesc says he misses football

Cesc Fabregas has blamed his injury woe for his inability to make the
trip to the Kingston Communications Stadium in Hull, with his team
mates.

The 22-year-old midfielder missed Arsenal's Champions League cracker against FC
Porto, and he's set to miss today's encounter with Hull City, who are
cooling their heels within the relegation confines of the Barclays
Premeir League.
The influential captain inspired Arsenal to a four-match unbeaten run in the Premier League and he believes they can extend that run
for the first time this season, when they face potential relegation candidate
Hull City, at the K C Stadium later.

Cesc said: "I never (ask to be rested). I love playing football, I was
feeling good (when the injury happened against Burnley) and you never
know when that is going to happen. As long as you are feeling good you
just want to play," He enthused.

The eccentric skipper maintained that his hamstring injury isn't as
serious as we might think, and that a long run of games actually
triggers the hamstring.

"All the time it is the same hamstring and last season I missed the
Manchester United game because of the same thing.

"It's four or five times now in the same area, I don't know what is
going on, but that is why it is better that I take my time and come
back when I am ready.

"It is not that I have strained it, it is just a little bit of fluid
that is there and it keeps me out for between five and six days," the
Spaniard concluded.