Thursday, February 25, 2010

Arsenal interested in Ajax youngster and Yaya snubs England move

Arsenal are monitoring 18-year-old Christian Eriksen, after recieving
a tip from Dennis Bergkamp.

Bergkamp's influence at Ajax could help lure the youngster to the
Emirates, where his developmental needs will be catered for by Arsene
Wenger whose expertise in the field of nurturing young talents is
second to none.
The youngster is rumoured to have reached a verbal agreement with the
Dutch giants, to extend his contract with Ajax until the summer of 2014.

"I'm very happy at Ajax and I really want to stay here.
I'm grateful that head coach (Martin Jol), gave me the chance to make
my official debut and I'm looking forward to continuing developing as
a player."

Eriksen, who's had trials at Spain and England is been closely
watched by the Boss who simply loves to catch them young and doesn't
like to miss glimpses of brilliance, especially when youngsters are
involved.
But former Tottenham manager Martin Jol has other plans for his lad - the coach is keen on keeping his asset at all cost.
"We are eager to offer him a new contract in the upcoming weeks.
We want Christian to stay in Amsterdam for several years. It all
depends on what the player wants though."

Meanwhile, Barcelona's midfield dictator Yaya Toure, has dismissed
rumours linking him to England.
The Ivorian and younger brother of ex Gunner Kolo Toure, has admitted
Arsenal and Manchester City are scrambling for his signature. The
midfielder insisted he's okay at Barca and won't be re-uniting with
his brother in England as earlier speculated.
"I've spoken to the directors at the club, I don't want to leave and
my only mission is to stay and be a success at the club."