Saturday, June 12, 2010

Messi vs Enyeama plus Video Highlights of the match (Arg 1-0 Nig)

Argentina's World Cup campaign started on a bright note, courtesy Gabriel Heinze's diving header in the opening minutes of the match.

Argentina' striker Lionel Messi is undoubtedly the best attacker in the World, and so is the Nigerian goal keeper Vincent Enyeama who plies his trade in Israel.


I am not exaggerating, but I think Enyeama is the best goalie in Africa, at least for now! I bet every Nigerian knew what to expect from the encounter, and albeit we all thought our opponents, who were assembled from the very best Leagues in the World, were more than ready to annihilate us. I know they won, but they fought hard to earn an unconvincing victory.

Some pessimistic fans feared and awaited the worst result given the inexperience of our youthful team. I'm so elated with their performance (although they showed traces of laxity during the match). My heart felt appreciation goes out to the 28-year-old goal keeper who plays for Israeli club Hapoel Tel Aviv - no wonder he has being the country's #1 for the past eight years and still counting, thanks for stopping the best. I hope we'll see more of those unbelievable saves in the near future...