Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fabregas - I am 100% commited to Arsenal

Cesc Fabregas who unfortunately will be watching the most important
Arsenal fixture left in the club's calender at home or preferrably at
the Emirates, has commited his long term future to Arsenal.

The 22-year-old midfield maestro who learned his trade in Spain before
joining the Gunners has reiterated his desire to win the Champions
League with the team that paved his way to fame.
The Arsenal midfield orchestrator is determined to work towards
achieving his set goals and prominent on the list is a trip to the
Santiago Bernabeu for the final of the biggest Club Football event on
Earth, the UEFA Champions League.

The youngster also insisted Arsenal are more than capable of
re-writing history by beating Porto to reach the round of eight.

The Arsenal captain told Spanish Tv Station TVE: "I want to play in
the Champions League final in Madrid and against Real. That would be
the maximum for me as an Arsenal player.
"If we analyse the 16 clubs left then I believe that ten still have a
chance to reach the final and we are on the list."

Fabregas rejected claims Arsenal can't do without him and insists the
team is responsible for his success and that his loyalty to Arsenal
increased with his appointment as team captain. He didn't hide his
feelings for the club and most importantly we the fans.

"I have been at Arsenal for many years but I don't see myself as the
only leader. We are together as a team and I rely on my team mates to
help me be successful. I am no more important than my team mates are.
"But I am very united to the club and to the supporters.
My role as captain has increased my commitment to Arsenal and I am happy there."